[lbo-talk] Icepick songs (was Wimps ...)

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Fri Apr 30 03:47:12 PDT 2004

http://www.infoshop.org/texts/iso.html http://www.infoshop.org/texts/iso_sects.html

You're a fan of the punk band, "Trotsky Icepick, " on SST too?

Tahir: Then there's the Stranglers' song No More Heroes, which also has references to THAT icepick. Actually I quite like the notion of no more heroes. More below.

http://www.trouserpress.com/entry.php?a=trotsky_icepick Singer Vitus Matare, later produced an album for the, "Urinals, " w/ these, http://www.artistdirect.com/store/artist/album/0,,251577,00.html Surfin' With the Shah (2:42) I'm White and Middle Class (0:54) (Love Song for Carrol Cox and Race Traitor) Why Are We Sleeping? (Live) (2:06) (Cover of Soft Machine. Influential, early 70's Prog band w/ jazzish/communist vocalist, Robert Wyatt,

Tahir: Correction: The main vocalist of Soft Machine was Kevin Ayers, including on the song Why are we Sleeping. Wyatt only really developed as a vocalist when he launched his solo career later - he was mainly the Softs' drummer. He also only became a communist (Stalinist) later after his drunken fall that partially paralysed him.

http://www.strongcomet.com/wyatt/ -- Michael Pugliese