[lbo-talk] happy days are here again!

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Fri Apr 30 07:16:18 PDT 2004

Chuck0 wrote:

>Doug Henwood wrote:
>The bubble is back! I'm just waiting for the day that Google
>replicates the absurdity of Priceline.com being valued more than
>some airline companies.

-The difference between Google and the bubble.com's is that google is -quite profitable.

The other big difference is that Google represents actual innovation, not the hype of selling cat food on the Internet.

Which means that Google may not promise a real new spurt of IPOs, since real innovation isn't that common. And the way Google is promoting its IPO is cutting fees for the Wall Street boys, so if others follow Google in their methods of floating IPOs, even Wall Street may not hype new ones as hyperactively.

Nathan Newman