[lbo-talk] Re: perot vs nader (or, naderphobia continued?)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 30 10:01:19 PDT 2004

>From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>
>
> > Isn't it mostly because more people share Perot's politics than Nader's?
> > mean for all the complex reasons leftists don't win elections yet,
>there's
> > really no getting around the fact that a lot of people don't agree with
>us.
> >
> > Liza
>
>Well, culturally, we've more or less won, as many rightwingers concede
>(corporate co-optation, however, shakes everything down to a brownish
>powder).

There's a self-negating comment if ever there was one. The left has won zip in terms of substantive cultural change. That "brownish powder" that results from corporate co-optation is oregano, not the real thing ;-)

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Getting married? Find tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life Events. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married