[lbo-talk] Bush To Iraqi Militants: 'Please Stop Bringing It On'

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 13:33:55 PDT 2004

Bush To Iraqi Militants: 'Please Stop Bringing It On'

http://theonion.com/

WASHINGTON, DC—In an internationally televised statement Monday, President Bush modified a July 2003 challenge to Iraqi militants attacking U.S. forces. "Terrorists, Saddam loyalists, and anti-American insurgents: Please stop bringing it on now," Bush said at a Monday press conference. "Nine months and 500 U.S. casualties ago, I may have invited y'all to bring it on, but as of today, I formally rescind that statement. I would officially like for you to step back." The president added that the "it" Iraqis should stop bringing includes gunfire, bombings, grenade attacks, and suicide missions of all types.

[...]