[lbo-talk] "My Partner Had an Abortion"

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 16:16:37 PDT 2004

Yoshie wrote:

"A Stem Cell's Worth of Difference

The most eloquent speaker at the Democratic Party convention turns out to be Ron Reagan, who urged all to 'cast a vote for embryonic stem cell research.'"

The most eloquent speaker at the convention? You have got to be kidding me. Maybe what he had to say was decent, but the way he said it sucked. Someone else mentioned that he seemed smug and self-righteous, to which I'd agree, adding only "slightly goofy." It felt like he was continually on the verge of craking some sort of sarcastic joke. Blech.

AKpress.org also makes plenty of t-shirts sure to get you fired from your day job, too: "We fuck to come, not to conceive," etc. I think there's a point at which wearing political slogans on one's casual wear makes one look about as smart as Ms. "Mao More Than Ever."