[lbo-talk] Re: Sexuality Under Seige, or What Else is New?

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 2 08:54:24 PDT 2004

Dear List:

Miles writes:

> Whaaaa? So who gets to make this determination? A noble
philosopher king? Marxist college professors? The Supremes? Britney Spears? Call me naive, but if I have to choose between democracy and rule by the noble elite, I'll pick democracy every time.

No, you are not naive. You just seem to have missed the fact that the democratic process has turned against queers.

The courts must make the determination on whether something is constitutional or not.

If the democratic process suddenly came up with a law that Catholics or Jews coujld not hold public office, wouldn't you want the courts to override such a law? Or is whatever produced by the democratic process to be accepted without any counterforce?

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister