[lbo-talk] Lieberman stands behind his Bush

DeborahSRogers debburz at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 10:31:55 PDT 2004

Joe Lieberman in today's Washington Post article on the current terror threat per Ridge and in response to Dean's questioning how many of the terror alerts are genuine vs. political maneuvers to boost Bush:

"I don't think anybody who has any fairness or is in their right mind would think the president or the secretary of homeland security would raise an alert level and scare people for political reasons," said Lieberman, who also sought the Democratic nomination for president. "That's outrageous."

Uh, right. Whatever. Blech.

- Deborah R.

=====

" How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus. 'Ah'm BUDDHA!' 'You're Bubba!' 'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' " - Bill Hicks