[lbo-talk] Re: democracy, markets, gays, sex toys

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Aug 2 14:59:36 PDT 2004

frank scott wrote:

> "You just seem to have missed the fact that
> the democratic process has turned against queers."
>
> before rushing to fascism, take a deep breath and check out this report
> from the marketplace, especially sentence five:

Hmmm, gays and queers are like everybody else: they spend money.

Other than the annoying shit in this news item about making billions off of gay folks, I'm bothered by the assumption that only gay people would watch such a channel. People will watch quality TV and they will defy preconceptions about interests. I'm a straight white guy who for years always picked up a copy of the Washington Blade each week so I could read the latest installment of "Dykes to Watch Out For."

Chuck0