[lbo-talk] Bob Weir: Nader's an "asshole"

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 3 14:07:03 PDT 2004

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 15:30:59 -0500, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Which certainly makes him a clear lesser evil in this campaign. An
> asshole any day in preference to two would-be mass murderers. (Bush is
> only a would-be so far, being far behind Kennedy, Johnson, Clinton or
> Carter.)
>
> Carrol

The representatives of the Vietnamese NLF told New Left organizers to work for McGovern in '72.

Castro in '80 speeches saw a significant difference between Carter and Reagan.

This morning I was reading, "The Condor Years, " by John Dinges, on Pinochet and USG complicity in South American death squad activities. Argentine, Chilean and Mexican exiled leftists I've known, one who was present at the massacre of the thousand students at UNAM in '68, see a difference.

The height of the repression in Guatemala that killed 200,000, was under Rios Montt. Look at these military intelligence dossiers http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB15/press.html http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB15/dossier.pdf http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB15/harpers.pdf (Allan Nairn in The Progressive, back in the mid-80's wrote on the crucial support of Minnesota corp. Control Data to the collection of data for G-2. Cf. IBM and the Holocaust) and then continue w/ your Third Period ultra-left twaddle that would prefer Robert Taft of Taft-Hartley.

-- Michael Pugliese, voting for Cobb, but, really Carrol you are a nut!