[lbo-talk] Medical overkill, that asshole Nader

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Aug 3 19:08:38 PDT 2004

"W. Kiernan" wrote:

> Carrol, do you suggest that I should vote for Nader instead of Kerry? I
> live in Florida.

I would vote either for Nader or cast a blank ballot regardless of what state I lived in, but my interest all along has not been in how people voted but in how they spent whatever part of their time was devoted to politics. I begrudge every minute given to the DP. Go out and get drunk, sit at home and play tiddly winks, read a Perry Mason mystery, but don't waste time on the DP. :-)

The argument for voting for Kerry is that with a Democrat in the White House it will be easier to build opposition. But I don't think there will be that much difference, and in respect to the number of Iraqis that are going to die in the next four years, I would expect a DP administration to kill more than Bush would. On the whole liberals are much more ferocious warriors, regardless of what Republican propaganda says. Conservatives are more apt to lose their nerve and bug out.

Carrol