[lbo-talk] An Analysis of the Post-Convention Zogby Poll

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 4 02:56:10 PDT 2004

From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>

Carrol Cox wrote:

>I don't think it's worthwhile arguing over the
accuracy or inaccuracy of
>polls, in general or of particular polls.
>
>What needs analysis is the _meaning_ of polls in
general, within a given
>perspective.

I'm going to be interviewing Frank Newport, editor in chief of the Gallup Poll, on my radio show on Thursday. Suggestions for questions are welcome.

Doug

"Describe the KINDS of questions you have edited out of the various polls which you have had Gallop pollsters conduct: specifically, ones concerning the economy, the war and the government over the past four years."

Looking forward to the broadcast, Mike B)

===== War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong; and multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses.

Thomas Jefferson

It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly.

Bertrand Russell

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal