[lbo-talk] Re: 71% Approval Rating

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Aug 4 07:23:00 PDT 2004

BklynMagus wrote:
> Dear List:
>
> To repeat: 71% FUCKING approval rating!
>
> Guess the youth vote didn't break queer's way.
>
> Brian Dauth
> Queer Buddhist Resister
>
> Missouri Voters Approve Gay Marriage Ban
>
> JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Missouri voters solidly endorsed a state constitutional
> amendment banning gay marriage, a decision that was closely watched by
> national groups on both sides of the battle.

This morning I'm living at least 500 yards from the backward state of Missouri. At least the "Hate Me" state today is making Kansas look more progressive and less neanderthal.

Hey, if progressives want to stop shit like this, it means that more comfortable coastal activists will need to come out here to flyover country to start changing minds.

There were a few yard signs in Kansas City supporting this measure, but most of the ones I saw were "pro" signs turned into "no" signs with the help of spraypaint. And here in Kansas City, the big issue in yesterday's election was the proposed tax on rental cars and hotel rooms which will be used to fund a new downtown arena for sports teams that don't exist yet. The measure passed, which means that the "Inferiority Complex" will probably get built.

Chuck0 Leawood, KS