[lbo-talk] Re: Sexuality Under Seige, or What Else is New?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 09:48:07 PDT 2004

--- BklynMagus <magcomm at ix.netcom.com> wrote: I think human beings can be seen as having a nucleus of six needs. All arise from having bodies. The first four needs are hardwired into human beings: the needs for food, water, salt and sex.

The next two arise out of the fact that humans have bodies: shelter for protection and medical services for maintenance and repair of those bodies.

I see no reason to construct a hierarchy of these needs. They are all equally vital for the survival of a human being. ---

I hate to be snitty, but this just isn't true. Sex is not vital for survival. Lack of sex will not kill you. Lack of food will.