[lbo-talk] Terror Alerts Knock Democrats Off Balance

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Aug 4 14:13:24 PDT 2004

mike larkin wrote:

> "WASHINGTON - The politics of terrorism has Democrats tied in knots. Each time President Bush raises fears of a possible attack, the political debate shifts from his most troublesome issue to one of his strongest (the war on terrorism) while Democrats fight their impulse to question the president's motives......"
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=536&ncid=536&e=12&u=/ap/20040804/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_politics_of_fear

Well, come on! Anybody who follows politics saw that sucker punch coming from a mile away. Can the Bush regime be more obvious? A major terrorist warning three days after the close of the DNC? The Democrats will be wiped on the mat if they don't get aggressive in standing up to these tactics.

In other news, I just saw fucking Dick Cheney. His armored car, at least. My father and I were driving down a local highway and were wondering why the ighway was closed off. As soon as I saw the motorcade, I figured out was Bush or Cheney.

It's pretty revealing that they give Cheney the same security level as Bush. Gore never got equal treatment during the Clinton regime.

Chuck0