[lbo-talk] Re: Liberal yuppies go ballistic over Nader petition

SergioL652 at aol.com SergioL652 at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 13:21:03 PDT 2004

In a message dated 8/5/2004 1:28:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, dhenwood at panix.com writes:

>ABB is turning into The DP Now and Forever.

Uh, do you have any evidence for this, pal? There's some way you *have* to believe it, because it fits in with your rigid worldview. But people who can hold two thoughts in their head at once can be more flexible.

I think this raises a good point. I am not talking about this list (outside of a couple of this list members) but I get the impression from reading and talking to ABBs (again outside this list) that they will defend a Kerry administration as fiercely as the Repugs defend Bush. I am sure that if Kerry expands the war in Iraq (not that I am saying he will) or does nothing to change the PATRIOT Act or other things that the ABB crowd is rightfully upset about, most of them will support Kerry no matter what. There is no doubt the right-wing attack machine will get on Kerry's case the minute he wins the election, but there is also no doubt in my mins that the ABBs will defenc him no matter how much he deviates from the progressive positions many ABBs have.

Disclaimers, I am voting for Kerry in N, which is not as much of a lock as it seems and I am not talking of this list's members, who will fight the good fight no matter who is in the White House.

Sergio -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040805/6edd535a/attachment.htm>