[lbo-talk] Re: who pays sales tax?

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Fri Aug 6 09:08:00 PDT 2004

"Do you go about saying that you pay the rent for the merchant's premises? Do you claim to be the employer of the merchant's staff?"

is the air quality in australia causing philosophic economism?

when we go into a shop that charges one dollar for something, plus tax, we pay the tax...it comes out of our pockets...we pay the fucking tax!...

no abstractions, searching for divine origins of money, etc...simple, practical reality as it is experienced here in the usa, wherever there are sales taxes...

of course, as all thinking people know, god is really behind the whole market deal, but for the moment, we pay...

give it up, already...

fs