[lbo-talk] The Idiocy of Rural Life

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Aug 6 12:53:46 PDT 2004

On Aug 5, 2004, at 9:03 PM, mike larkin wrote:

> "BIRD-IN-HAND, Pennsylvania (AP) -- The Amish live
> without electricity, cars, telephones, and usually,
> without voting. But they are being sought out this
> year as Republicans try to sign up every possible
> supporter in presidential battleground states.
>
> Amish almost always side with the Republican Party
> when they do vote -- making them an attractive, if
> unlikely, voting bloc in the neck-and-neck campaign
> between President Bush and Democratic nominee John
> Kerry. A majority of the nation's Amish live in key
> swing states like Pennsylvania and Ohio."

For every Amish voter in Lancaster County, we've got at least a dozen (probably 2 or 3) dyed-in-the-wool Democrats in Philly. Just have to get them to the polls.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)