[lbo-talk] Bobby Fischer to renounce US citizenship

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 7 08:31:25 PDT 2004

http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fnews%2F2001%2F12%2F02%2Fwfisc02.xml
> ...In his interview on September 11 with Radio Bombo in Baguio City, Mr
> Fischer said: "This is all wonderful news. It is time to finish off the
> US once and for all.

"I was happy and could not believe what was happening. All the crimes the US has committed in the world. This just shows, what goes around comes around, even to the US.

"I applaud the act. The US and Israel have been slaughtering the Palestinians for years. Now it is coming back at the US."

Mr Fischer, 58, also attacked Israel and "Jews" who he claimed were responsible for "bringing" the attack on the World Trade Centre. He gave the interview because he is a friend of Pablo Mercado, the station manager. They met through their mutual friend Eugene Torre, the Filipino chess grandmaster. -- Michael Pugliese