[lbo-talk] Father to Son: What I've Learned About Rage

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Aug 7 19:17:16 PDT 2004

snit snat wrote:

> Father to Son: What I've Learned About Rage

> NM I would say they are hoping for ugly attacks. If I were a voice in
> top Republican circles, I might be offering this advice: "What we need
> for New York is a large-scale riot. Some of those activist kids will be
> crazy enough to do a lot on their own, but we can do better with a few
> of our guys, well-placed, ready to urinate on the good American flag.
> Let us recognize that if we lose, all we've been doing since 2000 is
> bound to come out. Back a couple of years ago, Karl Rove was saying that
> we could gain a twenty-year hegemony by winning the next election. He
> hasn't said it lately, not since the worst of Iraq came through. Because
> now we could be out of power for those same twenty years. So I recommend
> that we put as many of our people into the protest movement in New York
> as we can find." Or so, at least, speaks the cool Republican planner I
> envisage in my mind.
>
> JBM There could be such people out there. But the Republicans may not
> even need them. There are thousands of 15-, 16-, 17-year-old anarchists
> who are truly angry. These kids don't really know what anarchy is all
> about, but they do know that when they throw a brick through a window,
> it makes them feel good and there's a chance they will end up on
> television. This feeds into the celebrity craze that America is under
> right now of "Get on TV, man! That's when you're really important!" This
> may be the first protest where there will be as many cameras as protesters.

What a bunch if ignorant, fucked-up statements! You mean to tell me that somebody as smart as Norman Mailer is going to promote this canard about street riots helping the Republicans! I heard this bullshit thinking on Air America last week--which goes to show that so-called liberals really aren't more intelligent than the conservatives they like to feel superior to.

Yeah, I saw this one coming from a mile away. Once again the fucking liberals would blame the radical anarchists for "fucking things up." That's why the Democrat-run UFPJ moved thier big protest to Sunday, August 29th. They sure as hell don't want to risk riots in the streets during the RNC convention.

This just goes to show that the Democrats are as much as a problem as the Republicans. These gutless cowards won't even condemn the invasion of Iraq and they refuse to tap into any of the true leftist populism that is growing out there. Yes, Republicans suck ass. My oldest sister today was delirious in her praise of Dick Cheney, but after she called the Iraqis "savages," I zeroed in with some harsh words about Abu Ghraib. That shut up all the Republicans in my family.

> JBM I feel we've entered a realm where the question is, whose propaganda
> is better? The left is beginning to figure out that they can't beat the
> right with intelligent argument. They need punch phrases that get to the
> heart of the average American. If that's the case, what is the future
> for our country?

I think you have to upset the right by fucking with their belief system. There isn't any easy way of doing that, but you won't do it by calling conservatives "stupid" (see Air America), ridicule them, or by pandering to them with a DNC "God, Country, and Kerry" rally.

But I'm interested in beating the left and the right. I don't give a shit about the future of America, because I think it should be abolished.

Fuck the Republicans, Democrats, and everybody who kisses their asses.

Kind of makes one admire Ralph Nader for sticking his middle finger out at the Democrats.

Chuck0