[lbo-talk] allAfrica.com: Sudan [column]: It's Genocide in Darfur

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at rogers.com
Wed Aug 11 04:49:27 PDT 2004

Yes, I think a simpler and more accurate description is the planned organized extermination of an entire group down to the last man, woman, and chilld. Young men, in particular, are routinely executed by invading armies and militias. Alhough vicious, the intent is not necessarily genocidal, but to deprive the other side of a fighting force. These are war crimes. So "to destroy...in part" and other attempts to lend more precision to the convention's definition of genocide actually blurs it, as you point out.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Doss" <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 7:01 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] allAfrica.com: Sudan [column]: It's Genocide in Darfur