[lbo-talk] Re: henwood on goodman

jimi ayler jimi_ayler at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 08:24:22 PDT 2004

>If Goodman knew more about policy and politics, she
>could have challenged his claims.

>Doug

damn! i really don't know what bug with amy goodman's name crawled up mr. henwood's heinie, but i'm sort of astonished to read him (ir)regularly trash the most important progressive journalist in america. a peabody-award winning journalist who almost lost her life covering east timor on the ground like no other journalist strikes me as someone you might consider having some understanding of both policy and politics. how she runs interviews on _democracy now_ is another matter, but, excuse me, how, precisely, did amy goodman NOT challenge bubba's claims in that infamous interview?

you're better than this, doug. dislike her, or her approach towards her radio show, but a glance at the transcript of any of her shows -- to say nothing of her book, _exception to the rulers_ -- demonstrates, at the very least, an understanding of "policy and politics" most journalists lack. whatever your disposition towards her -- and i smell some sort of fragrant history here, but perhaps i'm mistaken -- maybe raise the bar a smidge above the cavalier back of your (off)hand, herr moderator?

=====

I've gotta say, after hearing so much about inefficiency and incompetence in Iraq, it's amazing we actually got to sovereignty ahead of schedule. We're like the Domino's Pizza of liberation!...Does this mean we'll be bringing the troops home two days ahead of schedule?

- get your war on: http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war37.html

_____music+writing+webart+multimedia performance