[lbo-talk] Re: henwood on goodman

jimi ayler jimi_ayler at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 10:22:49 PDT 2004

>But rather than following them up to point out the
>problems with what Clinton said, she just one on to
>a new question.

if i recall that interview correctly (i heard it as it happened and couldn't believe my ears -- even on one king-hell of a contentious election day, i've never heard a sitting president so challenged by a member of the press, ever...or, you'd better believe, since), she had maybe five minutes time with bubba as he worked the talk shows on behalf of his estranged vice-president. given the time contraints, i can well imagine she didn't get to half of the things she wanted to ask. in this wise:

>Back in 2000, in one of the marches down Market St.
>here in S.F. the Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
>hippies were crestfallen that the LPDC had
>backhandedly endorsed Gore. Word was that Gore had
>promised the LPDC that if elected he would pardon
>Peltier.

>And if I had the president on the phone, I don't
>think the first question I'd ask would be about
>Leonard Peltier. The choir loves that sort of thing,
>but it's really not a very good use of precious
>airtime.

choirs notwithstanding, as i further recall (and reinforced by the gore recollection), there was much talk in the air about peltier being pardoned at that moment, and it sure seemed like a relavant question, at that moment, to this contralto. maybe she should have asked about marc rich?

>But she's famous and I'm not, so I guess I should
>shut up.

on 3, choir -- 1, 2, 3!

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!"

now, now, doug -- you'll always be famous to me!

really, though, i believe you still have the best show on 'bai...except when they play some electric miles on "morning dew"...you're good, man, but you're no pete cosey.

=====

I've gotta say, after hearing so much about inefficiency and incompetence in Iraq, it's amazing we actually got to sovereignty ahead of schedule. We're like the Domino's Pizza of liberation!...Does this mean we'll be bringing the troops home two days ahead of schedule?

- get your war on: http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war37.html

_____music+writing+webart+multimedia performance