[lbo-talk] Re: biz ethics & slavery

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Aug 11 10:20:32 PDT 2004

I'm writing to a number of the members of the Radical Philosophy Association.

I am a professor of philosophy at Metropolitan State University in St. Paul, MN., and I have a dilemma. I'm about to teach my first business ethics course in 30 years, and I'm eager to avoid teaching a business-as-usual course.

---------

No problem.

The answer is there are no business ethics.

There is no limit to, that is to say, there is no greatest lower bound on the indefinite interval of malfeasance, fraud, and corruption by and for the conduct of business except those imposed in the completely tangential formalism of the cost-benefit calculation of litigating them.

What the fuck else is there to understand?

Doktor Chuck