[lbo-talk] Why I am not rich

Kendall Clark krunkle at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 06:47:31 PDT 2004

> Make money.
> Grow.
> Re-enlist champions.
> Leverage our partners.
> Simplify our business.
>
> Thanks,
> Jonathan

Is this kind of claptrap usual at Sun (the place that banned Powerpoint) or is this Sun feeling the heat re: Linux? The new kernel, 2.6 series, really erases most of the remaining legitimate objections Sun could make on behalf of Solaris against Linux in the most high-performance scenarious like data centers. There have been lots of open rumors lately about Sun acquiring SuSE or Novell for their Linux biz/position. (Which makes a weird kind of sense, even with the Solaris x86 port...)

I have lots and lots of friends and colleagues at Sun, but this is the first time I've heard such rampantly stupid, managerial internal propaganda.

Just wondering...

Kendall Clark