[lbo-talk] KPFA Staff Open Letter to the Local Station Board

michael michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Thu Aug 12 20:35:44 PDT 2004

This is very sad. I have no idea what is at stake. The other letter that I saw also had endorsements from people that I respect. All that I know is that I hope that Sasha & the other people at KPFA continue their good work. I am very dependent on the information that I get off the station.

I first heard Pacifica while spending a summer in LA in 1960. I was a senior in college, but I had never been exposed to anything like that -- both culturally & politically. When I went to grad school in Berkeley during the 60s, I learnt more from the station than from my classes.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901