[lbo-talk] Democracy and Constitutional Rights

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Fri Aug 13 08:13:01 PDT 2004

Charles Brown wrote:

>^^^^
>CB: From the website I found, it is suggested that he also placed some
>emphasis on celibacy, not having sex.

What he placed the greatest emphasis on was people working it out/through for themselves. It seems astonishing to me that people could reduce enlightenment to just another form of ideology, but so they do.

What it gets down to is that they don't want enlightenment or even consciousness. What they want is the big cosmic/spiritual O. But as Krishnamurti once put it, "if you want to feel good, take drugs." Otherwise, if you want to be enlightened/conscious, learn to pay attention. And don't use people (including yourself) sexually or otherwise.

Joanna