[lbo-talk] A dimes bit of difference and then some...

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Aug 16 13:09:52 PDT 2004

Joel Wendland wrote:

> http://www.politicalaffairs.net/article/articleview/238/1/34/
>
> It is not possible to note important differences between the two ruling
> parties. Is it possible that people who regard these differences as "not
> even a dimes worth" do so because basic issue like overtime pay, the
> right to organize, or questions of civil liebrties don't really impact
> them?

The two major American parties are different sides of the same coin. Any person on this list with half a brain knows how the Democrats have attacked civil liberties, not just with the Patriot Act, but during the Clinton regime and earlier. Right to organize? The Democrats take organized labor for granted like they take people of color for granted. I don't recall any national TV addresses by Bill Clinton where he advocated the right to organize. Organized labor made very few advances during the 8 years where a so-called "pro-labor" president was in power.

Democrats = Republicans.

It's a new week, so it's time to start rehashing all of the election-related arguments we had last week.

Chuck Infoshop.org