[lbo-talk] A dimes bit of difference and then some...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Aug 16 15:56:04 PDT 2004

Chuck0 wrote:

>John Lacny wrote:
>
>>This is another way of saying that those of us who support sanity
>>(i.e., defeating Bush) will marshal mountains of facts, while the
>>left-sectarian fantasists will rehash a lot of hackneyed cliches
>>that mean nothing, most of them metaphors involving coins -- dimes,
>>nickels, plug nickels, and the two sides thereof. All with
>>admixture of verses from Milton, critical montages, and sophomoric
>>grunts from the general whereabouts of Kansas City.
>
>Your typical knee-jerk reaction isn't worth a penny.

Boys, boys! Ignore each other, please.

I've been away for the last few days and only checking email sporadically. But the "dime's worth of difference" thread is tired and frayed. Let's give it a rest. I'm sure it will keep popping up in the coming weeks, but can't we talk about something else for a while? No one's going to convince anyone else.

Doug