[lbo-talk] Good Morning America on anarchism

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Tue Aug 17 16:25:32 PDT 2004

> When you
> consider that the majority of Greens just want the Greens to be
> subordinate to the Democratic Party leadership,

Not necessarily, the Green parties and movements are complicated, lots of contradictions (but usually productive ones).

> the party, at least from a PR point-of-view, seems to be
> about environmentalism and a lot of hippy-dippy stuff

Their original impetus was environmentalism and the anti-nuclear movement, but the official Green parties, particularly in the EU, have broadened their agenda considerably. Lots of good people, activists, zany types, intergalactic space aliens, etc.

Of course, the US needs more than a single Left party, which would reproduce many of the pathologies of the Dems, we need a whole bunch of parties...

-- DRR