[lbo-talk] Nothing to Discuss? was Re: (no subject)

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Tue Aug 17 21:36:12 PDT 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

> 4. One context I can imagine is that of _The Bicycle Thief_. The
> protagonist goes to all the social institutions (including Union and
> Communist Party) looking for help, and none is forthcoming. But there is
> not a CP with several million members in the US right now. Hence I doubt
> that anyone let alone a whole community is going to come to ask any one
> of us for such help.

It seems the Left is missing a uniting goal, we are anti all that right wing stuff but we don't know what we're pro about. What if the Left had a clear agenda, reducing interest rates and crippling bank charges for the poor. If the Left put all those wonderful minds together to find a way of motivating and creating an attack on the banks/credit card companies we could attract many people sick of this usurious system, form the basis of a new popular movement. We could be attacking the system at it's roots and at the same time be building a viable alternative third party or am i off on a tangent here

Gary? ride si sapis