[lbo-talk] Paleo Take On Chavez

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 19:47:19 PDT 2004

"........ We now have in Venezuela the first revolution in Latin America (if we can quite call it a revolution) that is totally supported by the United States. The final irony of the entire Chavez-Bolivar-possibly Castro revolution is that Hugo Chavez and his dreams of grandeur depend upon oil sold to the American oil companies. The U.S. market absorbs two-thirds of Venezuela's oil exports and generates about half the government's revenues.

Nor is that about to change, since Venezuelan oil is heavy, sulfurous crude and needs access to U.S. refineries. Moreover, rather than cutting back on purchases of Venezuelan oil, Chevron Texaco only a week ago announced plans to explore for offshore gas in Venezuela....... the American people, financing the virulently anti-American Chavez revolution "

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2205&ncid=742&e=13&u=/ucgg/20040818/cm_ucgg/venezuelaschavezsecureslegitimatesupport