[lbo-talk] Petrelis: another gay gov?

DeborahSRogers debburz at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 10:32:19 PDT 2004

> But he may not be the nation's only gay gov, if the rumors about
> Texas' Republican Gov. Rick Perry are true.

This one caused a stir earlier this year with Perry being summoned to GW's side at the White House for a husbands/wives photo-op. The original rumor was that wifey caught Perry doin' the nasty with our single Secretary of State, Geoffrey Connor. Soon, rumors of a split were running.

Denials flew, Governor Good Hair (one of his nicknames) was whitewashed by the blood of his Savior, GW, and the rumor went back into the woodwork.

Those of us in the gltb community swear our gaydars go off on both Perry and Connor (and many more homophobic Repubs in our state), but that remains personal opinion and conjecture.

No one dares get close enough to Tom DeLay to see what he does to our gaydar. The gag factor pretty much overrules it all.

- Deborah

Your Queer in Texas

=====

" How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus. 'Ah'm BUDDHA!' 'You're Bubba!' 'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' " - Bill Hicks