[lbo-talk] re: KPFA, Chomsky, parochialism etc.

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 20 09:28:52 PDT 2004

All three are regular guests on Pacifica programs and Pacifica sponsored events. Furthermore, Pacifica affiliate stations like WMBR in Boston carry Pacifica programming. Pacifica is a well established progressive institution whose reach and influence extends far beyond just who listens to it. These three people have obviously taken the time, along with people like Michael Albert of Z Magazine (who has written extensively on the Pacifica crisis over the years) to educate themsleves about a crisis at an important progressive institution, even if it is not one that is not their back yard. Finally it is worth noting that this letter was written in the midst of a national crisis during which Pacifica activists reached out to progressives like Chomsky et al who are not necessarily in Pacifica listening areas because the importance of Pacifica, which you have acknowledged, transcends parochial concerns. (and many people listen on-line, indeed when the phones are opened to listeners, calls come in from all over the country - and even the world - as is the case on NPR programs like Talk of the Nation).

Joe W.