[lbo-talk] Happy coincidenting!

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Fri Aug 20 09:19:21 PDT 2004

Two people are walking down the street.

Joe says to Jill, "since it rained yesterday, it is raining today."

Jill looks up at the bright sunny sky and says: "I see no evidence that it is raining today."

Joe says, "if you really knew what was going on, you would know that while we can't see any evidence of rain, that does not mean it is not raining."

"Well," says Jill, "maybe it is raining somewhere, but not here. I know it rained yesterday, but you can't convince me that it is raining now without some facts."

"Coincidence theorist!" snarls Joe and he storms off putting up his umbrella.

-Chip Berlet

<<<SNIP>>>