[lbo-talk] Bush good for The Nation

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sat Aug 21 09:54:07 PDT 2004

On Aug 20, 2004, at 7:23 PM, Chuck0 wrote:

> I'm sorry you didn't understand the tongue-in-cheek aspect of my post.
> Proper emotican?
>
> ;-)

OK, I understand your point more clearly (pardon my denseness), but stated with tongue back in the middle of the oral cavity, isn't it that you fear that left publishing is being taken over by anti-Bush stuff (pina coladas)? My perception is that the hard-left stuff (straight bourbon on the rocks) has at least as large an audience as ever, and may even boost its readership if some folks graduate from the former to the latter.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax