[lbo-talk] Michael Moore and Gun-Control Liberalism

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 22 06:44:44 PDT 2004

Yoshie caricatures:

> Since Blacks -- especially free Blacks -- have been
> historically excluded or restricted from the right to
> bear arms, working-class whites should also give it up,
> or at least submit to more stringent gun control favored
> by liberals of the Democratic Party;

Whatever.

That movie was clearly not about gun control. It was pro-gun control, yes, but didn't see it as a panacea. It even made the point that Canada is awash in guns and has far less gun violence. It turns out that Bowling for Columbine was at least as sophisticated as some critical montage, just actually entertaining to witness. And that's a crime in the eyes of left-sectarians because Moore did not spend enough time talking about (1) the principles of historical materialism as they apply to everything including the kitchen sink, or (2) discourses or -- in Yoshie's case -- (3) both, and in mind-numbingly scholastic detail.

I will not respond to any of Yoshie's stuff about the elections, because she continues to prove that she is not worth taking seriously on that point.

- - - - - John Lacny http://www.johnlacny.com

People of the US, unite and defeat the Bush regime and all its running dogs!