[lbo-talk] Iowa RNC convergence experiences state repression

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Aug 23 19:46:36 PDT 2004

Iowa RNC convergence experiences state repression

August 23, 2004

Infoshop News

The Des Moines, Iowa Convergence, loosely aligned to CrimethInc, has experienced extreme state repression in the last few days. Participants picked up off the streets for misdemeanor violations are now being held indefinately as part of an "investigation into anarchism in Iowa", according to local officer from the sherriff's department. Law enforcement has also claimed that they are also investigating other groups in the area.

Materials that were to be used in workshops and skillshares mysteriously dissappeared from the group's campsite, including: lamp oil that was to be used for a fire-breathing skillshare and pvc pipe that was to be used in a home-made didjeridoo workshop.

Federal agents have detained an individual stating that someone called them saying that they saw people constructing a bomb, which is entirely untrue of our group.

Surveillance has been stepped up and is blatant.

These intimidation tactics have disrupted our ability to openly meet and organize activism for the upcoming RNC protests in New York City.