[lbo-talk] Anybody But Nader

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 24 16:39:26 PDT 2004

>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>the Democratic Party's top-down mobilization
>
>Like I've said elsewhere, you're really out of touch if you think
>that's all it is. Millions of Americans hate Bush and want him out
>of the White House. You're doing your man Nader and the cause of
>independent politics a real disservice if you don't get your head
>around that.
>
>Doug

I don't think of Ralph Nader as my man -- he just happens to be the most prominent critic of empire and plutocracy running for president this year, as well as in the past two presidential elections, hence deserving my support, as well as other leftists'. The Democratic Party's response would be practically the same if Nader's role were being occupied by another leftist who had the same level of national recognition as Nader. Tactics and talking points this year are the same as 2000 and will be the same in 2008, the only changes being different proper names and levels of funding.

US leftists do a disservice to Americans if they propagated a lie that the enemy of the Democratic Party were Bush or the Republican Party, refusing to tell the truth that the Democratic Party hates voters who support the political program advanced by Nader/Camejo more than it does Bush or any other Republicans. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>