[lbo-talk] Radical reference at RNC!!

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Aug 24 16:58:07 PDT 2004

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [A-librarians] radical reference at RNC!! Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:46:37 -0400 From: richards at radcliffe.edu

***PLEASE FORWARD.***

radical reference: answering questions from those who question authority

Radical Reference is a service provided by library workers from all over the United States to give assistance to demonstrators at the Republican National Convention in New York City. We will answer your reference questions via blog, e-mail, chat, and in the street.

Blog: www.radicalreference.info Ask your question by filling out a form. Your privacy will be protected.

Email: librarians at radicalreference.info

Street: Look for librarians wearing baseball caps (tan with a blue bill) with an "I" on it if you need legal info, subway directions, a bathroom, or have any other questions.

News: We have a one-hour workshop prepared and available to indymedia journalists on fact checking and evaluating sources for accuracy, authority, coverage, currency, and objectivity. Contact info at radicalreference.info to schedule a session.

Librarians: Write info at radicalreference.info to volunteer your services. Law and News librarians and those who can read & write other languages especially sought, but all will be put to work.

“…librarians are more freedom fighters than shushers.” Ms. Magazine online http://www.msmagazine.com/dec03/woty2003_hayden.asp

We’ve got access to hundreds of expensive subscription databases …and we know how to use them!