[lbo-talk] Anybody But Nader

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Wed Aug 25 13:02:37 PDT 2004

Thanks Lance for illustrating my point.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lance Murdoch" <lancemurdoch at lycos.com>

Nathan Newman says:
> Yes, it's convenient that the ultraleft can dismiss the AFL-CIO, the
NAACP,
> the Sierra Club, the Human Rights Campaign, and every other major mass
> organization out there as "not the movement."

The Sierra Club and the Human Rights Campaign? Aren't they a bunch of homosexuals and tree-huggers? That's the left/mass organization/movement you're talking about?

Or maybe it's the AFL-CIO, the function of which was intended from the beginning by Samuel Gompers. I guess supporting the entire Cold War, and meekly whining about how the law doesn't permit them to organize, as the number of organized workers dwindles down to 8%, means they're not "ultra-leftists". The Democratic leadership could give a damn what John Sweeney thinks, why should anyone else?

Lance -- _______________________________________________ Find what you are looking for with the Lycos Yellow Pages http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?SRC=lycos10