[lbo-talk] Nothing to Discuss? was Re: (no subject)

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Aug 25 14:36:33 PDT 2004

> in Iraq and Afghanistan, I think we are quite likely to see
> a serious attempt at reviving the draft in the next administration,

This could only happen if the US oiligarchy steals another election, giving it a free hand for its next domino: the invasion of Iran. Which will set off a geopolitical nightmare too horrible to contemplate.

> And Kerry has made it clear that he wants to stay in Iraq.

Nope. He's a neolib who will do what the multinational bourgeoisie want: get the hell out. It'll take some pushing, but it'll happen.

> And just to remind you, Bill
> Clinton almost invaded Iraq in 1998.

Nonsense. Clinton did many vile things, but he was not a demented petro-fundamentalist freakozoid out to commit arson in the world's most combustible region. I really can't stress this enough: we're not dealing with some Cold War choice between two henchcreatures of a single national security state. This election is a referendum on the Mordorization of the US. Don't take my word for it, read the words of Barad-dur:

http://www.newamericancentury.org/defense-20031103.htm

-- DRR