[lbo-talk] Michael Moore & the RNC

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 10:38:15 PDT 2004

Jesus, the tone of these remarks is basically, "Bring Michael moore on, we'll kick that fat bastard's ass if we have to."

I'm trying to imagine the press reaction if there had been a similar reaction at the DNC when they heard, say, O'Reilly was showing up. [Barack Obama: "O'Reilly is coming down here? He best not get out of line--I'm more than acapable of taking him down if it comes to it."]

Doug Henwood wrote:
> New York Daily News - August 27, 2004
>
> Lowdown
> Lloyd Grove
>
> GOP itchin' for a Mike fight
>
> 'Fahrenheit 9/11" director Michael Moore - a
virulent enemy of
> President Bush - has been hired by USA Today to
write four opinion
> columns during the Republican Convention.
>
> Word is that party officials aren't happy that the
pugnacious Moore -
> wearing the credentials of a legitimate journalist -
will be the
> skunk at their garden party next week, traipsing
around Madison
> Square Garden and maybe even causing trouble.
>
> But get a load of what some of the delegates have to
say:

> Alabama delegate Terry Butts: "I'm from South
Alabama, and we're used
> to dealing with jackasses, and so I look forward to
making his
> acquaintance. In Alabama, there are probably a few
good ol' boys who