[lbo-talk] Michael Moore & the RNC

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Aug 27 11:45:23 PDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I sorta asked this yesterday, but not directly - is there any mainstream
> right party in the First World as violent, weird, and cretinous as our
> GOP?

Sure. Italy's got several. Austria, the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, they've all got them.

There is usually a fair-sized crew of real cretins in every country's mainstream right wing parties, from Japan to Greece. Our just get more airtime, like everything we do.

Plus our random access political career path lets in more subarticulate slobs. And our purely commercial journalistic culture makes sure the goofiest ones get the most airtime.

Michael