[lbo-talk] Re: Klein vs. Gitlin vs. Cooper

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 28 10:54:18 PDT 2004

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:14:52 -0400, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Not really. She called for solidarity with Iraqis who want an end to the
> occupation. Cooper is so busy distancing himself from the left that he
> can't read straight.
>
> Doug

Then why didn't she make that explicit? I don't agree w/ Cooper that Klein is ahem, "soft on Sadr, "(and Marc should remember her In These Times piece decrying anti-semitism on the left, to underscore she isn't some loony Trot who follows LDT that a fascist Brazil is better than a bourgeois democratic Britain, http://www.cpgb.org.uk/worker/407/taliban_bloc.html , "Taliban bloc: Bob Pitt replies to criticism of his support for reactionary anti-imperialists) but, the Mehdi Army is far, far from the politico-military orgs. in the FMLN and FSLN or Vietnamese NLF or Guatemalan UNRG, etc. that incorporated feminist ideology and fighters into the ranks, Radical women in Latin America : left and right / edited by Victoria González and Karen Kampwirth. Publication info. University Park, PA : Pennsylvania State University Press, c2001.

This is not your Father's or Mother's National Liberation Front. (And thisn't Proyectville.)Or the one's we all supported (except Brad de Long) like the FSLN. Yes, I want the USG to get as it is, a real lesson, just as the NLF and NVA gave it but, "tailing, " as the Trots call it, behind these reactionaries who kill liquor store and video store owners and would institute the full Sharia edicts, bah humbug. The Trouble with Islam : A Muslim's Call for Reform in Her Faith by Irshad Manji (Hardcover) Lesbian liberal muslim. -- Michael Pugliese