[lbo-talk] Re: Klein vs. Gitlin vs. Cooper

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Sat Aug 28 11:13:41 PDT 2004

Not really. She called for solidarity with Iraqis who want an end to the
> occupation. Cooper is so busy distancing himself from the left that he
> can't read straight.
>
> Doug

Michael Pugliese asked: Then why didn't she make that explicit?

--In my humble opinion, she did, she was very clear and the piece was well written. Cooper just took words and decided to attribute meanings to them that the author didn't intend. Then he provides a 'critique' of her based on that. Cooper won't answer my responses to his arguments, but I did ask him how, if Sistani is his hero, and we're not supposed to be negotiating with terrorists [which is what Cooper has decided Sadr is], how can that be?

Steve

steve