[lbo-talk] biz ethics/slavery/groups/constitutional

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Sun Aug 29 16:50:45 PDT 2004

From: andie nachgeborenen

Well, there is some disagreement about that, which is why we are on the sides of respective fences we are on.

Venezuala is a different story: I'd put that in the liberal proceduralist column. They havea multiparty democracy, a fair amount of free speech, and decide on policies by majority vote -- sometimes with a lot of popular involvement. That's not how it is in Cuba or Vietnam. Or China or North Korea. Jks

^^^^^

CB: The U.S. procedures through history have included much war, conquest and tyranny, more of those than Cuba or Viet Nam. The current situation is the result of those procedures. So, is the U.S. unacceptable ?

No military career as Colonel and a following in the military, No Chavez government. Would have been overthrown. That one depends on military as well as electoral procedures. Bolivar was a general.