[lbo-talk] The consequences of catastrophic success

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 19:59:53 PDT 2004

[Consequences... High-Intensity warfare. Success?]

"In an interview with Time magazine, the president suggested he had underestimated the struggle of the postwar period in Iraq. "Had we to do it over again, we would look at the consequences of catastrophic success, being so successful so fast that an enemy that should have surrendered or been done in escaped and lived to fight another day," Bush said."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-08-29-convention-wrap_x.htm

[signature] "Give me ambiguity or give me something else!" Leigh leighcmeyers at yahoo.com