[lbo-talk] Sudan

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Aug 30 08:41:45 PDT 2004

Joseph Wanzala wrote:

>So what do your preferred sources say about the situation there? I'd
>have thought that as a journalist/scholar you would be able to
>independently cross reference information without having to rely on
>one source to determine the veracity of a given set of data - or
>know not to dismiss information merely because of its source. What
>instances can you cite of the WWNS being unreliable?

I know next to nothing about Sudan, and the last place I'd consider starting to change that would be a party newspaper. Even though I'm a big fan of Workers Vanguard, I'm skeptical of lots of stuff they write. Parties take a "strategic view of the truth," to quote an old acquaintance of mine, characterizing a certain left celebrity who shall remain nameless.

Doug