[lbo-talk] pollster wonders?

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 30 16:53:06 PDT 2004

Mark Penn is DLC.

Trying to remember where I read this (Danny Schecter's News Dissector blog?) but, one news story I read had an interview w/ a Sumate exit poller who freely admitted only interviewing in the Rich opposition neighborhoods. Like the '36 (Roper?) poll that said Landon would beat FDR...which when you interview only those w/ phones, in the middle of the Great Depression, is bound to deliver a skewed result. http://www.google.com/searchq=sumate+exit+poll - The Statistical Fraud of Venezuela's Opposition by Gregory Wilpert- ... unlikely that Sumate was able to properly cover the barrio voting centers. This inability to cover the barrios distorts the exit poll result disproportionately ... http://www.bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=2903

-- Michael Pugliese