[lbo-talk] Hollinger described as ‘corporate kleptocracy'

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 31 08:39:03 PDT 2004

Conrad Black, meet your 500 page Nemesis;

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040831.wholling0831/BNStory/Business/

and the report itself:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/868512/000095012304010413/y01437exv99w2.htm

can't wait to see the verbal hounds that Tubby and Elvira let loose on this one. So far their main defense has been the disgruntled ex-employees, board members and malcontent stockholders with personal axes to grind defense. This may require a somewhat more, er, sophisticated and less pedantic response. As will the numerous additional civil suits this little tome will likely inspire. Best comment so far was from the CBC 'economics reporter' who said that this report will add '...fuel to the fire burning under Conrad Black's assets'.

Nice to see others having a laugh with Tubby getting his comeuppance.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon